1. Click video, then settings, and lastly video motion detection
2. Use your cursor to draw a box identifying where you want the camera to focus
I’m going to draw box away from the door to avoid clips of people walking by, and focus on areas people have to pass to enter the conference room
3. After I’ve drawn my box I will decrease my sensitivity to 4
Note: A high sensitivity will allow more motion to be detected by the camera and more clips to be captured. Be sure to re-adjust this setting as needed, increasing and decreasing until you find your optimal setting.
4. Click inside the Target Size box, and select a percentage
The percentage represents the pixels inside the VMD window that need to change for the camera to register motion. I’m going to set my target size to 20% in an attempt to filter out anything not walking through the VMD window (or in my case the conference room door)
5. Be sure to click SAVE
6. Repeat these same steps for additional VMD windows.
If you’re still noticing too many or too few recordings, I’d recommend tweaking your settings until you find your optimal settings.