The Thermostat Too Warm trouble condition indicates the current temperature reported by the thermostat is higher than the customized above threshold, specified in the customer’s Temperature Alert rule.
How to resolve:
The thermostat must report a current temperature below the specified above threshold. For more information about Alarm.com-compatible thermostats, see Thermostats.
To configure a high Temperature Alert rule from the Customer Website:
- Log into the Customer Website.
- In the Thermostats card, click .
- Click Notifications.
- Click the Temperature Alert notification.
- Click the checkbox next to the Above temperature.
- Select the desired high temperature threshold from the Above temperature dropdown menu.
- If the customer would like to receive a notification, click + Add Recipient and select the appropriate recipient.Note: If the desired contact is not listed click on + New to enter the desired contact information and click Save.
- Once selected recipients can be confirmed with a black checkmark, click Close.
- Click Save.